Home > Education > Courses, general information >
<a title="All courses, in which the Department of Chemical Engineering has a share." href="/English/Uddannelse/Kursusoversigt/Samtlige_kurser.aspx">All courses</a>
28121 Chemical Unit Operations Laboratory
Kurset kan også tages af diplom-studerende
The course is also offered in English
|Øvelser i kemiske enhedsoperationer|
|Taught under open university|
|Fall and Spring and January and June|
Performed either in a 3-weeks period or in a 13-weeks period
Scope and form:
For courses in the 3-weeks periods:
Average of 2 days of lab.work and additional 30 hrs of home work each week in groups of two students.
For courses in the 13-weeks periods: Schedule by appointment.
Three compulsory field trips to chemical plants.
Duration of Course:
|[The Course is not following DTUs normal Schedule]|
Type of assessment:
General course objectives:
To show the possibilities and limitations of the theory and achieve practical experience and improved understanding of the processes. This is performed by experiments in semitechnical and technical scale with process equipment, which is used in the chemical, biochemical and pharmaceutical industry.
|A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:|
- Apply theory on practical experimental problems.
- Analyse results and formulate conclusions concerning the quality and applicability of the results and to draw consequences for the process operation, plant design and functionality of the components.
- Operate process units incl. data acquisition systems and measuring equipment in pilot scale size.
- Explain the design of processes.
- Recognize technical components on real life plants.
- Identify and explain practical tasks concerning sampling and measuring techniques.
- Make a report on an experimental job in an organized way, which make it easy to read and understand calculations and conclusions.
Perform and report on 4 exercises within the following areas: Flow in pumps, pipes and fittings; flow through particle beds; heat transmission; distillation, absorption; extraction; filtration, membrane filtration, centrifugation, drying, evaporation/crystallization.
It is compulsory to participate in the field trips.
In case course 27944 has already been performed new exercises are selected in 28121
Green challenge participation:
Please contact the teacher for information on whether this course gives the student the opportunity to prepare a project that may participate in DTU´s Study Conference on sustainability, climate technology, and the environment (GRØN DYST). More information
|, 229, 112, (+45) 4525 2857,
|28 Department of Chemical Engineering|
Registration Sign up:
|Chemical Engineering Unit operations, Laboratory, Process equipment|
May 22, 2012|
See course in DTU Course base