Frist 1. maj 2017
Du kan søge om jobbet ved DTU Kemiteknik ved at udfylde den efterfølgende ansøgningsformular.
The host unit of this position is the CAPEC-PROCESS Research Centre at DTU Chemical Engineering. The center is well-known for the development of process and plant-wide models, advanced control technologies and benchmarking, optimal process design and tools for parameter estimation and global sensitivity/uncertainty analysis for surrogate model development. In fact, the host unit is a core member on the development team of BSMs. In addition to intellectual and infrastructural support from the centre, the project will benefit from the longstanding, close research collaboration between the centre and water utilities (e.g., BIOFOS, Veolia Kruger, and Odense Forsyning) as well as other research institutions (e.g., USC-Spain, KTH, and Lund University) through several projects e.g. Water JPI Pioneer STP.
This postdoctoral researcher position is offered as part of a recently funded demonstration and development project by VUDP with project partners BIOFOS (coordinator) – the largest utility company in Denmark and Unisense – an sme specialized in biosensor technology among others.
Responsibilities and tasks
This is an exciting position with the main responsibility to test and implement and further improve a novel N2O (green house gas) control technology concept (patent filed) on a pilot and then full-scale wastewater treatment plant with significant N2O emission problem. The research tasks includes the following:
- The adaptation and tuning of the fuzzy logic control technology at the selected pilot and full-scale wastewater treatment facilities (taking into their particular configurations and dynamic) using simulation platform (Matlab Simulink or the like)
- Pilot scale plant implementation, performance monitoring and assessment and further improvement of the control technology (adapting PLC/SCADA control system of the physical plant)
- Full scale plant implementation, performance assessment and further improvement of the control technology (adapting PLC/SCADA control system of the physical plant)
The postdoc researcher maybe asked to co-supervise MSc/PhD doing research in control and automation field.
Candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent.
- You are a driven, motivated and experienced engineers from the field of electrical, chemical, environment or mechanical engineering (i.e. postdocs) passionate for control and automation technology development for solving one of the grand challenges in water industry: N2O (a green house gas) emissions from wastewater treatment plants.
- You have hands on experience with control and automation implementation and testing in real life applications/systems preferably processing industries and open and curious about learning new domain specific knowledge(i.e. wastewater treatment plants), or
- You have excellent domain experience in the field of wastewater treatment engineering and open, passionate and self-driven to learn control and automation in full scale systems.
- You are good at communication and team player. When needed you can work independently, self driven and have can do attitude for solving trivial challenges arising for control implementation.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. The period of employment is 1 years (with the possibility of an extension). Expected start: 1 July 2017.
Further information may be obtained from the project responsible Associate Professor Gürkan Sin, tel.: +45 4525 2806.
You can read more about DTU Chemical Engineering on www.kt.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than May 1, 2017. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,600 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.