Coatings for a better future
The Hempel Foundation Coatings Science and Technology Center (CoaST) is established at the Technical University of Denmark as per January 1st 2017. The center covers coating technologies from raw materials, over formulation, test and characterization to production and application. In the broad perspective, the center will support development, production and use of coatings with improved sustainability profiles over the lifetime of the coating.
- Develop new and improved methods and technologies for the formulation, testing, characterization, production and application of coatings with improved sustainability profiles.
- Establish a strong research, Innovation and education environment at DTU supported by an extended global network to leading research and development groups.
- Establish a platform for cooperation among stakeholders of coating technologies, i.e. universities, raw material suppliers, formulators, producers, applicators and/or end users.
- Attract and train students, engineers and researchers to the field of coatings.
- CoaST is a leading center for research, innovation and education in sustainable coatings technology.