Frist 1. maj 2017
Du kan søge om jobbet ved DTU Kemiteknik ved at udfylde den efterfølgende ansøgningsformular.
The Technical University of Denmark solicits applications for the above positions created to support the further development of DTU Chemical Engineering as a leading international department being responsible for research, education and innovation within
- Chemical and biochemical process engineering and production
- Design of chemical and biochemical products and processes
- Energy and Environment
The teaching will cover experimental and theoretical Bachelor-, Master- and PhD-level courses as well as in-service training courses for industry. Bachelor courses are primarily taught in Danish, other courses in English. Most courses are taught in Denmark but the department is also responsible for a full Master’s program in Beijing, China, in the framework of Sino-Danish Center for Research and Education. The research background of a successful applicant should be within core disciplines of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering applied in the chemical, the biochemical, the food, the pharmaceutical or the energy related industries. Candidates are expected to be ambitious and work in the front line of their respective research fields with a strong focus on innovation, i.e. making useful and applied research and with the ability to work with both academic and industrial partners.
The department follows the development within digitalization, communication and visualization technology for the further development of chemical products, chemical processes and simulation tools. We are looking forward receiving applications from candidates with the ability to combine the newest development within these fields with the core of experimental and theoretical chemical and biochemical engineering.
The new associate/assistant professors are expected to cooperate with colleagues within other departments of DTU.
Candidates for an
- Assistant professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Associate professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an Assistant professorship and should document didactic/pedagogic training and/or significant experience from industry.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
- experience in teaching and education
- scientific production and research potential at an international, level including experience from industry
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
An assistant professor will after a maximum of 4 years transfer to a permanent position as associate professor provided that the employee is recommended for assessment and is deemed qualified. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Information on the positions from Head of Department, Professor Kim Dam-Johansen, +45 4525 2845, email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Chemical Engineering here.
Please submit your online application no later than 1 May 2017. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter). Applicants should describe in their application, how they plan to develop their research topics of interest and what courses they would like to teach and develop.
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights)
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio - applicants applying for the position as associate professor)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,600 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.